UMC Shareholders Approve NT$0.50 Cash Dividend at Annual Shareholders' Meeting
Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C. – June 11, 2014 – United Microelectronics Corporation (NYSE: UMC; TWSE: 2303) (“UMC”), a leading global semiconductor foundry, today held its 2014 annual shareholders’ meeting.
At the meeting, shareholders approved:
1. The 2013 Business Report and Financial Statements. The company’s consolidated revenue for 2013 was NT$123.81 billion and net income attributable to stockholders of the parent was NT$12.63 billion, with earnings per share of NT$1.01.
2. The 2013 cash distribution to stockholders totaled NT$6,253 million, at approximately NT$0.50 per share.
3. The 2013 cash distribution includes NT$6,128 million from additional paid-in capital, at approximately NT$0.49 per share, and a cash dividend of NT$125 million from earnings, at approximately NT$0.01 per share. In 2013, the company issued an employee cash bonus of NT$1,163 million, and directors’ remuneration of NT$11.75 million. The details of the cash distribution rate and date will be set during the company’s upcoming board meeting.
4. The amendment of the company’s “Acquisition or Disposal of Assets Procedure”, to align with changes in government laws and regulations.
5. The issuance plan of a private placement for common shares, ADR/GDR or CB/ECB, including secured or unsecured corporate bonds. The amount of shares issued or convertible is proposed to be no more than 10% of registered capital.
Details of each agenda item can be found under the “Investors \ Events” section at http://www.umc.com.
UMC (NYSE: UMC, TWSE: 2303) is a leading global semiconductor foundry that provides advanced technology and manufacturing for applications spanning every major sector of the IC industry. UMC’s robust foundry solutions allow chip designers to leverage the company’s leading-edge processes, which include 28nm poly-SiON and gate-last High-K/Metal Gate technology, mixed signal/RFCMOS, and a wide range of specialty technologies. Production is supported through 10 wafer manufacturing facilities that include two advanced 300mm fabs; Fab 12A in Taiwan and Singapore-based Fab 12i. Fab 12A consists of Phases 1-4 which are in production for customer products down to 28nm. Construction has been completed for Phases 5&6, with future plans for Phases 7&8. The company employs over 15,000 people worldwide and has offices in Taiwan, mainland China, Europe, Japan, Korea, Singapore, and the United States. UMC can be found on the web at http://www.umc.com.
Note from UMC Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
Some of the statements in the foregoing announcement are forward looking within the meaning of the U.S. Federal Securities laws, including statements about future outsourcing, wafer capacity, technologies, business relationships and market conditions. Investors are cautioned that actual events and results could differ materially from these statements as a result of a variety of factors, including conditions in the overall semiconductor market and economy; acceptance and demand for products from UMC; and technological and development risks. Further information regarding these and other risks is included in UMC’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including its registration statements and reports on Forms F-1, F-3, F-6, 20-F and 6-K, in each case as amended. UMC does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required under applicable law.