Taipei, Taiwan, February 24, 2022 - United Microelectronics Corporation (NYSE: UMC; TWSE: 2303) (“UMC”), at a meeting of the Board of Directors held today, approved the 2021 Business Report and Financial Statements, and set the agenda for the Annual General Meeting. A brief summary of major recognition and discussion items is as follows:
- Approved the 2021 Business Report and Financial Statements. The consolidated revenue for 2021 was NT$213,011 million and net income attributable to the shareholders of the parent was NT$55,780 million, with earnings per share of NT$4.57.
- Shareholder cash distribution from capital surplus of approximately NT$3.0 per share.
- Employee cash compensation of NT$4,770.9 million.
Other major resolutions of today’s Board Meeting:
- Approved the capital budget execution of NT$71,224 million towards capacity deployment.
- Approved the issuance of Restricted Stock Awards.
- Approved a donation of NT$12 million to UMC Science and Culture Foundation.
- Announced that the Annual General Meeting will be held at 9:00 AM on Friday, May 27, 2022 at No. 2-1, Hsin-Ann Rd., Hsinchu Science Park.
UMC (NYSE: UMC, TWSE: 2303) is a leading global semiconductor foundry company. The company provides high quality IC fabrication services, focusing on logic and various specialty technologies to serve all major sectors of the electronics industry. UMC’s comprehensive IC processing technologies and manufacturing solutions include Logic/Mixed-Signal, embedded High-Voltage, embedded Non-Volatile-Memory, RFSOI and BCD etc. Most of UMC's 12-in & 8-in fabs with its core R&D are located in Taiwan, with additional ones throughout Asia. UMC has total 12 fabs in production with combined capacity over 800,000 wafers per month (8-in equivalent), and all of them are certified with IATF-16949 automotive quality standard. UMC is headquartered in Hsinchu, Taiwan, plus local offices in United States, Europe, China, Japan, Korea & Singapore, with worldwide total 20,000 employees. For more information, please visit: http://www.umc.com.
Note from UMC Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
Some of the statements in the foregoing announcement are forward-looking within the meaning of the U.S. Federal Securities laws, including statements about introduction of new services and technologies, future outsourcing, competition, wafer capacity, business relationships and market conditions. Investors are cautioned that actual events and results could differ materially from these statements as a result of a variety of factors, including conditions in the overall semiconductor market and economy; acceptance and demand for products from UMC; and technological and development risks. Further information regarding these and other risks is included in UMC’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. UMC does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required under applicable law.