Board of Directors Announces Proposals for its Annual Shareholders
Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C. -March 17, 2010
-United Microelectronics Corporation (TAIEX: 2303, NYSE: UMC), at
a meeting of the Board of Directors held today, approved the 2009
Business Report and Financial Statements, and set the agenda for
the Annual General Meeting. A brief summary of recognition items
and discussion items is as follows:
- The 2009 Business Report and Financial Statements. The Company's
revenue for 2009 was NT$88,618 million and net income after tax
was NT$3,874 million, with earnings per share of NT$0.31.
- Shareholder cash dividend of NT$6,233 million, estimated at NT$0.50
per share. No stock dividend will be issued.
- Employee cash bonus of NT$965 million.
- Amendments to the "Financial Derivatives Transaction Procedures"
and "Acquisition or Disposal of Assets Procedure".
- To release the Directors from non-competition restrictions
Other major resolutions
of today's Board Meeting:
- Issuance of unsecured corporate bond for not exceeding NT$10,000
- Capital injection of NT$1,500 million to UMC New Business Investment
- The 2010 Annual General Meeting will be held at 9:00 AM, on Tuesday,
June 15, 2010 at the UMC Recreation Center in Hsinchu Science Park.
UMC (NYSE: UMC, TSE: 2303) is a leading global semiconductor foundry
that provides advanced technology and manufacturing services for
applications spanning every major sector of the IC industry. UMC's
customer-driven foundry solutions allow chip designers to leverage
the strength of the company's leading-edge processes, which include
production proven 65nm, 45/40nm, mixed signal/RFCMOS, and a wide
range of specialty technologies. Production is supported through
10 wafer manufacturing facilities that include two advanced 300mm
fabs; Fab12A in Taiwan and Singapore-based Fab12i are both in volume
production for a variety of customer products. The company employs
approximately 12,000 people worldwide and has offices in Taiwan,
Japan, Singapore, Europe, and the United States. UMC can be found
on the web at http://www.umc.com.