Our RFSOI platform features RF front-end solutions for Antenna Switches, Antenna Tuners and LNAs for 4G/LTE and 5G applications with low harmonics, highly competitive Ron*Coff and LNA NMOS performance. UMC’s RFSOI portfolio has been successfully adopted by multiple customers in the market. UMC’s RFSOI technology is available in 200mm as well as 300mm fabs.
- Complete EDA tools and design support.
- UMC's FDK (Foundry Design Kit), which offers a user-friendly platform that integrates schematic entry, simulation, layout editor, parameter extraction, and layout check all within one package.
- The unique virtual inductor libraries, which provide faster inductor simulation for RF designers who can now design “optimized inductors” within a few minutes.
- Comprehensive technology nodes across both 8in and 12in solutions
- Robust manufacturing experience in RFSOI technologies, with more than hundreds of thousands of wafers shipped.
The Best Foundry Choice for RFSOI
RFSOI technologies are built on high resistivity trap rich SOI material which provides the benefit of low harmonics, capability of stacking devices to achieve high voltage switches while maintaining low Ron*Coff and good isolation. With technologies being CMOS based, RFSOI also provides the benefit of integrating control circuitry, LNA and switches in a single chip.
RF FE components have been divided into three categories, pursuing different technology directions
LTE/sub-6GHz High End switches
Switches with low Ron*Coff, High Pmax and low Harmonics
LNA and Switch integration for 5G
Integrated LNA and Switch for 5G
Smaller geometry technology
For low end mobile, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.
Lower Cost Tech (with sufficient performance)